😳 oh, hey there
so, hear me out. i love accessible websites. unfortunately, i haven't always known what that meant, so my poor ol' just-out-of-college site doesn't quite measure up anymore. i've replaced it with this rather efficient site for the time being.
goals for this site:
- wordpress + wp-api as information storage
- react or vue for display/components/practice
- webpack for dev pipeline
tl;dr you seem to have found my site in a bit of a transition phase.
in the mean time, here's some stuff 🖍️
or, you could just check out my resume. (it's printable)
⭐ some of the sites i've worked on
a lot of these were built while working at ecentricarts, inc. or filament creative.
- scholastic w.o.r.d., custom microsite, significant development work & team support @ filament
- digital transformation tour, an interactive SVG panel for scalar.ca @ filament (panel two, click "start the tour")
- ALS.ca, wordpress, site's lead developer @ ecentricarts
- the Walk for ALS, wordpress, site's lead developer @ ecentricarts
- Webbing With Wisdom, wordpress, site's lead developer @ ecentricarts
- Toronto Arts Online events map, kentico, angular 1.x, feature upgrades and rebranding, front end developer @ ecentricarts
- Raising the Roof, wordpress, front end developer @ ecentricarts
- my own site, which probably should have stayed in 2015, final project in college
- psst, there's a bunch of other old projects on there too
💡 other stuff i've learned/accomplished lately
- taught & developed course material for responsive web design with advanced css at george brown college
- put a bunch of personal pipeline setups (webpack, wordpress, gulp) on my github
- setting up TeamCity builds with front end npm tasks @ ecentricarts
- react learning with some webinars from rangle.io
- jointly created an accessibility 101 presentation (tweets or it didn't happen) and anchored the Q and A for 2017's Q3 Kentico Partner Summit @ ecentricarts
- helped kids make websites by volunteering at kids learning code
- set up this site on an nginx server on digital ocean from scratch (i didn't use one of the pre-set droplets because where's the fun in that and who needs sleep)
- i moved to scotland!